Sunday, March 29, 2009

Clash of the Titans


Yesterday was the final between SST and SPE for men's basketball. I heard the sciencetech of my school had printed some posters of transformers to symbolize the clash of this two teams. This match is fair with our team without Ah Ken and their team without Ah Bi. SST had provided us a box of 100 plus. This boosted our team's spirit. Thanks SST!!! This is the picture of our team taken after the match with UMS coach.

Back to the match, the match starts at around 4pm although it was written 3 in the schedule. The weather was burning hot. All of us were equipped with sunblock. The game started normally with my team having a 4 points lead. Nothing special in the 1st quarter. Just halfway into the second quarter, Johnathan form SPE punched my teammate Wei Guan(no.10) in the stomach. Coach saw it and he was disqualified. Until now i still don't understand the real motive of his action. Wei guan just did nothing.

After this incident, SPE starts to play aggresive. I get an elbow from Jack straight into my waiste, scratched at the back and got hit in knee when i layup. That caused my whole body in pain today.

With those injuries, i couldn't perform well. I just grab some rebounds and give some blocks. Scoring jobs were done ny Ah Quan, Pun Chong and Wan. At last we won at 10 points margin.

I had to admit this game was tough without Ah ken.

Fortunately we won. This is the 1st gold medal for full court basketball competition. This maybe will be the last competition for me before graduate. I am pleased with my team's performance and i think SST can be champion again next semester.




I had taken this picture with Wan after we received the medal and trophiy. On my way back home the question comes to me again: "Is the end of University life = End of basketball life?"..............

3 comments:

JuneJune said...

congrats..the end of uni's life doesnt mean the end of basketball life..the basketball and your team spirit will be in your heart forever. come visit my blog when free..i dont know you got blog also..

Petre said...

Hey guy, congratz to u and nice to c that u started bloggin.
Keep in touch ya!

Unknown said...

raymond, u say u cant perform well? when u have perform well in ums? stop talking nonsense. as i know u just a begineer in playing basketball . . . don have basic basketball knowledge, u say u cant perform well? 球技不成熟,别怨。it was a disaster to have u in ums team. u can enter ums team because just full fill the quotation.

Post a Comment